- ABOUT THE FAIR
Here you will find a
collection of family-created resources to help you enjoy your homeschooling.
These materials are unique and original, and ideal for homeschooling families.
From our families to yours, welcome, and we hope you'll enjoy exploring these sites.
- Home Science Adventures - from Stratton
- The Strattons thought it would be nice if there were some way to do
fun hands-on science without having to gather up all the stuff. What they
developed are some of the most fun and engaging lessons you can find anywhere,
for grade school through grade 8.
- Eagle's Wings
- This is the home of the delightful science program, Considering
God's Creation, by sisters Susan Mortimer and Betty Smith. They
are homeschooling moms who were homeschooled themselves as missionary kids.
Eagle's Wings also
has material on phonics, history and math.
- Value Math Game - by Beatrice T.
- Value, played like Bingo, is a
fun way to help children master math facts; from numbers' names to multiplication
and division. Bea Brown, who created this game, used it for over 30 years
in her classroom, with great success. One child or several can play. For
pre-school to 6th grade.
- Teach America to Read and Spell -
by Frank Rogers
- Frank Rogers has taught his grandchildren and lots of other people
to read using the highly effective vertical phonics (also known as TATRAS
or "saltmine and hifwip"). Find out that it is easy and fun to
teach your children to read and spell at home.
- Additional phonics materials are carried by Eagle's
- Castlemoyle Books
- This is the home of the famous Spelling Power.
Beverly Adams-Gordon developed this program to help her daughter, Angelina.
Castlemoyle also has material on teaching writing, and homeschooling the
- Total Language Plus - by Barbara Blakey
- For grades 5-12. Take a classic novel and use it as the centerpiece
of a complete language arts curriculum for a quarter. The study guides
have a Christian perspective; the Newbery-like book list represents a wide
range of viewpoints.
- History Alive! - by Diana Waring
- Homeschoolers Bill and Diana Waring have created a wide range of history
resources, including History Alive through Music,
"the marrying of folk songs to American history". Also, Elementary History Activity Books, maps &
time lines, tapes, and more.
History Alive! also
features material on how to homeschool, and on Christian parenting.
- World History Co-op Curriculums - by Cathryn Lewis and Linda Barrett
- A fun and experiential way for your high school co-op to study history.
Christian based curriculums for ancient, medieval and modern world history.
The authors have a combined 27 years of homeschooling experience! This site also features material on how to homeschool
in a co-op.
- Additional history materials are carried by Eagle's
- Runkle Geography - by Brenda Runkle
- Elementary and secondary geography with a unique approach. More than
just "where is it and what's its name?" See how geography ties
into both history and science.
- Insight Technical Education - by Melvin Peterman
- Melvin Peterman designed the Complete-A-Sketch
series of technical drawing lessons for use with his own children. The
lessons are self-paced and self-directed. The materials offer quick success
and progress rapidly to insure growth. Practical
Drafting follows the three Complete-A-Sketch
- Steps to Joy - by Nancy and Chuck Lamka
- Nancy and Chuck Lamka promise a refreshing, peaceful new way to learn
to play the piano. This missionary family has produced an inspirational
Christian music program, with a series of lesson books and some musicals
to put on.
- Additional music materials are carried by History
- Effective Parenting
- While authors Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller both homeschool, these
materials are good for anyone who desires a joyful family. And while "joyful
family" is not usually considered part of a curriculum, maybe it should
be! They publish Eight Secrets to Highly Effective
Parenting and Say Goodbye to Whining,
Complaining, and Bad Attitudes!
- Additional Christian parenting materials are carried by History Alive!
- Epi Kardia - by Elizabeth Harrell and
- This history-focused curriculum uses classic children's literature
as a springboard to explore geography, science, fine arts, more. Parents
have the flexibility to select the most appropriate materials for their
child's learning style. Each year spans the scope of history. Grades K-12.
MORE AMAZING PROGRAMS
- Balametrics - by Dr. Frank Belgau
- This amazing program improves reading and other thinking skills through
sharpening the sense of balance. Dr. Belgau hand crafts fine wooden tools
for improving your sense of balance. Scientists at NASA used this program;
your family can benefit too! [Editor's
Note: I've tried this and was amazed. It works!]
- Mannermite - by Anita Andrews and Rebecca Gresham
- Etiquette in 10 minutes a day! Making manners accessible, memorable
and so much fun your child will want to practice them every day! Help your
child stand out in the world! Mannermite! [Editor's
Note: This site requires Flash version 6 to view]